Badminton Fishing Rod Instruction
- The fishing rod is a so-called "Stipprod". Costs according to length 15-50€.
The favorable version reaches. I bought a good used one for 8€.
Advantage of the Stipprod is the telescopic construction. With approx. 80 cm it is well transportable and can be pulled apart on 4-6 m.
- The fishing line, wich i used on the prototype video (2012) is a sort of rubber. Also available in shops for fishing equipment. It cost approx. 5€.
This is called "Feeder Gum" and comes in different strength, length and elasticity.
- Variable flight behaviour of the shuttle can be generated by different rod lengths and elasticity of the string: Other flight path, quicker returning etc.
At the moment I use a normal badminton string instead of the Feeder Gum. The shuttle returns faster, but it is more durable.
The mix of badminton string and Feeder Gum will generate perhaps the best compromise of the flight behaviour. Will test later.
- I have optimised the stand for the badminton tool in the meantime to make the complete device more mobile.
Fixed a piece of drainpipe to a small hinged budgetary stepladder.
In this pipe the fishing rod is plugged.
The stepladder can also be used to hit shuttles from raised position, e.g., multifeeding smashes..
So my badminton fishing rod is a multi function tool like a "Swiss Knife".
- I will still develop more functions and have already ideas.
I think, it would be fair, if copies (which appear, in the meantime, in www), get a link to my webpage.