Cruelly and hypnotising like Nosferatu or friendly like a sunnyboy:
Which requirements should a successful trainer fulfil?
Foundation for a licence trainer are a trainer education, further trainings and technical literature. Besides, as an independent trainer are necessary announcement with the tax office and if necessary other authorities. Income tax duty included.
To my opinion these foundations reach not for efficient badminton training! They require, in addition:
- Own experience from the daily routine training.
- Autodidactics with the help of video, badminton forums etc....
- Rule knowledge: (Referee's education is advantageous).
- Badminton abilities: Trainer must not be a top player, but have to control perfect passing and to demonstrate technologies .
- Mistakes recognisability and develop individual solutions.
Empathy in the possibilities of the sportsmen.
E.g., condition, technical and psychological elements.
- Consider age, possible illnesses or physical restrictions.
- Analyse with motion sequences. Illustrate the students defiziete (and strengths); e.g., with self-taken videos.
- Joy to experiment! Developing and trying new practise forms.
With absolutely unconventional selfdeveloped methods I have gained very good experience.
- Documentations of the exercises which stand out as successful and supporting.
- Make also disagreeable exercises "tasty" by explaning the value.
- In different performance level groups sort different subdivision, or insert difficulties.
- Extended sports-medical knowledge.
- A suitable style of leadership (authoritarian, democratically, laissez-faire).
Be criticism-tolerant as well as be able of penetration.
Motivate by adequate (however, not excessive) praise.
- Take pleasure in the apprenticeship and works with people.
If the "chemistry" is not right, it should be demanded.